The dates are March 28th-30th 2014 and these are the runs/activities on the schedule. Check back for updates just in case there are unplanned changes!
* Schedule shows runs starting 30min prior to departure to allow time for gathering/drivers meeting/etc, please be ready!
- 7:00p-9:00p – Pre-Registration at Country Inn Suites, beat the rush, pick up your schwag, badges, shirts etc and come say hello! ( )
- 6:30a – 9:00a Friday Coffee!! ( 1422 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale AZ 85257 ) A local MINI tradition with the Coffee Hooligans, you can hit this up before registration. The hard-core crew will be there from around 530am but we’ll be hanging out until 9am. Dutch Bros coffee is the best way to perk up in the morning. The Hooligans may have some bagels there to nosh on if you’re interested :)
- 9:00a – 12:00p Registration Begins! At the Country Inn & Suites hotel ( ) – Scavenger Hunts begin upon registration, team up with some new friends or go it alone!
- 12:00p Motor-in Lunch – at Spokes on Southern ( 1470 E Southern Ave, Tempe AZ 85282 ), Mix and mingle with fellow MINI enthusiasts and grab some delicious lunch at one of our favorite local spots.
- 5:00p – 7:30p S. Mountain Sunset Run ** : Head up the twisty road on South Mountain – awesome photo opportunities. Top of the mountain is a great place to check out the entirety of Phoenix from above and watch that beautiful AZ sunset. Meet at Scorpion Gulch parking lot by 5:00 for drivers meeting, leave by 5:30, Sun sets at 6:47p.
- Drag Races!! Gates open at 5pm, races start at 7pm- Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park hosts Friday Night Drags – Cost details coming soon but usually about $30/car to race all night though it does get very busy and $10 to watch. If you want to race, only expect to get 2 or 3 runs in. It’s usually more fun to just watch. Rules – (1) Long pants – no bare legs (2) Shirt with shoulders – no tank tops or spaghetti straps (3) Full-coverage shoes – no sandals or flip-flops
- Evening : Dinner and drinks someplace local… we may cluster somewhere as tends to happen but no set location. If you’d like suggestions, just ask!
- 8:00a – 3:00p Registration at EuroTechs ( 1879 E 3rd St, Tempe AZ 85281 )
- 9:00a – 3:00p Vendor/Tech Day @ EuroTechs ! Check out the latest in MINI memorabilia and technology while mixing and mingling with fellow Mini enthusiasts. Chedda Truck & Frost Gelato will be there to serve up a delicious lunch/treats later in the day.
- 9:00a – 12:30p Tortilla Flats Run ** : 9:30 Departure from the Bass Pro Shop parking lot just North of the Famous Daves & Carls Jr at Mesa River View and cruise to Tortilla Flat to check out scenic views around Superstition Mountains and and past Canyon Lake. If you come on any run, hit this one for sure! You can either stay at Tortilla Flat for lunch or head back for Tech Day. We should be back to EuroTechs by lunch time if you’d like to check out the vendors and food trucks as well.
- 9:00a – 3:00p Dyno shoot out @ Loud Pedal Motorsports . Lets see who really has what under their bonnets. Awards for highest and lowest powered cars just for fun. This will be open from 9am to 3pm and it’s less than 2 miles from EuroTechs so you can easily wander back and forth between vendors at EuroTechs and Dyno testing at Loud Pedal. The cost will be $40 on-sit e (cash or card) and there will be a limit as to how many we can do – let us know if you’d like to sign up at [email protected]
- 3:00p – 6:00p Pavilions Car Show – Every Saturday, the Scottsdale Pavilions hosts a car show full of classics, new models and everything in between. If you’ve had your fill of MINIs already and would like to see a different set of wheels or would like to show off what you’ve got, this is the place to be.
- 6:00p – 11:00p Party at !! For those who choose the Saturday party option, we will be throwing an awesome party for everyone to mix and mingle over food, drinks and games on the rooftop patio at the Tempe Market Place Dave & Busters . Food (fajitas/tacos/nacho bar) will be covered by registration cost; alcoholic drinks will be available but not included. If you’re staying at Country Inn Suites, they offer rides to and from Tempe Market Place until 11pm so no drinking and driving!
- After hours : Go play around Tempe! Hit us up for suggestions if needed but no set place to meet up.
- Scavenger hunt continued .
- 8:30a-9:30a Turn in Scavenger hunt cards at the car show by 9:30 to be entered for prizes. Prizes handed out at the car show.
- 8:30a – 11:00a Sunday Morning car show : A MINI only car show at ! Contests for best in show/most unique/people’s choice. We’ll have a ton of donuts to feast on and you can get coffee at Dutch Bros. This will also serve as meet up point for the Prescott Run.
- 10:30a – 1:00p Prescott Run ** 11:00a departure from the car show for a cruise up the 89, a fun and twisty road up through Wickenburg, Yarnell and Prescott National Forest. We should be there by noon and there are many delicious places to have lunch or shop in downtown Prescott and we can then split off if you need to head home or caravan together back to the Valley
** Each run will have a raffle with prizes at the destination, tickets handed out at the launch point and winners called at destination, so let’s rally!!